Thanksgiving is quickly approaching. It’s a time to gather around with family and give thanks. If we’re being completely honest, it’s also a time to eat some savory food and try our favorite recipes. If you’re making a turkey this year, you need to try this Cajun rub. It’s just spicy enough to bring an extra level of kick without being too overpowering. It just might become one of your favorite, go-to recipes for years to come.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 1/4 cup/60 mL salt
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL onion powder
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL paprika (not smoked)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL ground oregano
- 1 tablespoons/15 mL garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL cayenne pepper (adjust to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried thyme
Here’s How to Make It
- First, mix the ingredients together and then rub the mix over the entire surface of the turkey, inside and out. Do your best to work the rub in under the skin. Next, let the seasoning mixture sit on the turkey, covered and refrigerated for 1-2 hours.
- If you’re making this ahead of time, you can store the rub in an airtight container and leave it in the cupboard for up to 6 months!
It’s that easy! This dry rub recipe goes great with all poultry and especially with smoked or grilled turkeys.